A good book always makes a great gift, which is why we love this Craft Of The Day. Turn a small book or photo album into a pretty memento perfect for marking special occasions with this easy-to-make paper cover and bookmark. Blogger Kathleen of Twig & Thistle made these as wedding favors, but we think they would work just as well as take-home tokens for any celebration. Just keep reading for the how-to.
Photo by Kathleen of Twig & Thistle
What You'll Need:
How To Make It:
1. If your favor is for a wedding, print out this template and cut along the lines. Or, for a more personalized look, cut a long rectangle out of card stock and add your own message and decorations.
2. Punch a hole at the top of the bookmark and tie a ribbon the it.
3. Cut a sheet of decorative paper that's the same length of your book, leaving a few inches extra on both sides.
4. Wrap the paper around the book, folding the edges around the insides of the front and back cover. Crease along the edges and spine to keep everything into place.
5. Remove the paper from the book. Use an X-Acto knife to cut two slits in the center of the cover to hold your bookmark. They should be slightly wider than the bookmark.
6. Put the cover back on your book and slip the bookmark through the slits.
For the full tutorial, visit Twig & Thistle. And, be sure to check out the other great crafts in our Craft Of The Day slideshow below.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more