A year ago it seemed unlikely that Lindsay Lohan could pull off a comeback, but these days the 25-year-old actress seems to be slowly pulling her life together. With her legal woes behind her -- she finally settled that Betty Ford battery lawsuit -- Lohan is driving down the road to redemption. Here’s a look at five signs that LiLo might just turn out all right.
- She was a guest at the White House Correspondents Dinner. Lohan was on her best behavior at the WHCD, where she was a guest of Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren. Not only was she palling around with politicos and top journalists, but she made some positive headlines when she reportedly tipped the bathroom attendant $100.
- She’s having dinner with Woody Allen. Over the weekend, Lohan dined with the famed director at Manhattan eatery Philippe. No word yet on whether or not the pair will be working together, but the dinner seems to show that the director takes the young actress seriously enough to spend some one-on-one time with her. “He's somebody that has the ability to save her career," said Cooper Lawrence, “Cult of Celebrity” author and creator of the "Loose Talk" podcast. 'Woody is a well-respected director known for casting interesting actors. If she can get some work from him, that's a great start to getting back on the road to stardom."
- She’s going to play Elizabeth Taylor. Lohan just signed on to play Taylor in a Lifetime movie about the legendary actress’ romance with Richard Burton. It’s been almost five years since LiLo had a hit, so this could be a defining role for her -- if she can pull it off. “This is her chance to really prove she has what it takes as an actress and is ready to move past the drama and legal troubles of recent years,” said celebrity blogger Dorothy Cascerceri.
- She’s guest starring on “Glee.” Lohan's 2008 guest role on “Ugly Betty” -- though it was cut short -- was some of the best work she has done in years. Despite rumors about her on-set behavior, this primetime appearance could provide the actress with a groundswell of support from the show's fans.
- She’s behaving. Laying low is something LiLo has never done well, but for the most part she has been listening to her judge’s advice and staying out of clubs and bars. Even the police seem to be on her side! Right now, the less we see Lohan enjoying the nightlife, the better.
Check out photos of Lindsay Lohan below:
Related on HuffPost:
More:Slidewide Lindsay Lohan Lindsay Lohan Elizabeth Taylor Lindsay Lohan Comeback Lindsay Lohan News
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more