In yet another surprising twist, one of two anonymous masseurs filing sexual battery and harassment charges against actor John Travolta has been dropped by his legal counsel.
As RadarOnline is reporting, the Texas-based masseur -- identified in court documents only as "John Doe #1" -- was dropped by Los Angeles attorney Okorie Okorocha shortly after he admitted he'd gotten the date of the alleged encounter with Travolta wrong. "Okorocha did not feel he could represent John Doe #1 going forward anymore and recommend him finding another lawyer," a source exclusively told RadarOnline.com. "He is still representing John Doe #2 other alleged victims who are possibly coming forward."
RadarOnline reported earlier that John Doe #1 admitted he'd gotten the date he alleges the "Pulp Ficton" actor had made unwanted sexual advances against him wrong. He still, however, maintained that the attack happened, but on an earlier date. An unnamed source close to the case called the incorrect date "a miscalcuation," though a second source added that it "didn't change the facts of the lawsuit."
The disclosure seems to confirm an earlier TMZ report, which presented photographs and and a restaurant receipt -- reportedly received from "Travolta sources" -- that were claimed as proof that the actor was actually in New York at the time the masseur said he was assaulted by him at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California.
The news could come as the sole bright spot in what has become an increasingly troublesome week for the 58-year-old Travolta. On May 7, John Doe #1 filed a lawsuit alleging that Travolta not only masturbated in front of him at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Jan. 16, but also suggested a threesome with "a Hollywood starlet" and bragged that he "got where he is now due to sexual favors he had performed when he was in his 'Welcome Back, Kotter' days," according to TMZ.
A day later, a second accuser -- this time a masseur who worked for an unspecified Atlanta-based resort -- came forward with nearly-identical claims, stating that Travolta "would open his legs and spread his butt cheeks open and had a full erection and would maneuver in a way to try to force [the plaintiff] to touch his anus and around his anus" during a scheduled massage appointment, according to RadarOnline.
On May 10, Fabian Zanzi, a former Royal Caribbean cruise line employee, came forward with a third set of allegations against the star, saying Travolta accosted him and offered him $12,000 for sex in 2009.
Both John Doe #1 and John Doe #2 sought $2 million in punitive damages. Travolta's camp blasted the allegations in a statement to E! Online, calling them "complete fiction and fabrication."
Travolta, who is married to actress Kelly Preston, has been dogged by rumors about his sexuality for years.
Take a look at other celebrities who've faced rumors about their sexuality below:
More:John Travolta Gay Celebrities Gay Celebs John Travolta Sexual Harassment John Travolta Lawsuit
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more