TV

Comic-Con 2012 'Fringe' Panel: The Cast Talks Season 5

07/15/2012 01:00 pm ET | Updated Jul 17, 2012

On Sunday, July 15, "Fringe" took to the Comic-Con stage for the final time, and there was no finer venue for the tenacious show's send-off than the cavernous Hall H, which holds over 6000 attendees and was completely packed for the occasion.

Josh Jackson, Anna Torv, John Noble, Lance Reddick, Jasika Nicole and executive producer J. H. Wyman were on hand to spill a few hints regarding Season 5, and HuffPost TV was in attendance to gather all of the juicy tidbits into one handy roundup.

Follow along with our liveblog below to catch real-time updates from the final "Fringe" panel direct from San Diego Comic-Con, and scroll to the bottom of the post to watch the full video of the panel.

07/15/2012 2:04 PM EDT

It's over!

The cast stood to take a bow and got a standing ovation from the crowd -- bittersweet moment.

07/15/2012 2:04 PM EDT

Favorite version of themselves:

Noble liked random Walter in the beginning, the one who was always saying the wrong thing but desperately wanted his son back. Reddick loved Alt-Broyles and the way he died with a bang. Torv loved playing the lighter "Bolivia" in the beginning, but now she loves Olivia and finds her satisfying. Nicole remembers how tough it was to close the door to the other universe and lose their alt-selves.

07/15/2012 2:00 PM EDT

Why no female Observers?

"There is an answer to that question, and the answer will become apparent next season," Wyman said.

07/15/2012 1:59 PM EDT

Favorite Walterisms:

Lance Reddick loved "Asteroid," "Asterix," there are dozens.

Nicole: I love it when he calls her names that don't begin with "A," like "Claire."

Jackson: Vagenda is always a favorite.

07/15/2012 1:56 PM EDT

Will the series continue on in any other format?

Nicole: Yes, I'd be happy to keep the story going on in my own head. It would be very different from what you've seen so far -- it'll be called "The Adventures of Astrid."

Noble: Anything is possible, I think a film is possible somewhere down the line.

Jackson: I got to write one of those "Fringe" comic books -- and don't discount yourselves; fan fiction is a part of the show's universe as well. I think the show will live on somehow.

Nicole: By the way, Anna and I have read some of that fanfic out there, and you guys are scandalous.

Holbrook: Fifty Shades of Fringe?

07/15/2012 1:52 PM EDT

Is Henry Ian Cusick going to be in future episodes?

"I'm gonna be really careful with what I say because I want you to experience it. It's like opening your presents before Christmas day. Let's just say, Henry was an astounding performer last season -- let's see if he makes his way into the season this year," Wyman teased.

07/15/2012 1:46 PM EDT

Josh Jackson has an announcement:

"When I stand up from here, I just want it known that I didn't piss myself. There's going to be an embarrassing moment when I leave the stage ... "

07/15/2012 1:42 PM EDT

Another video clip:

Made solely for Comic-Con. "It's not saying goodbye, it's saying that we're successful and having this beautiful family that you're a part of. So on behalf of all of us, all the people in Vancouver and all the people at Fox who stuck with us [despite] middling numbers ... Thanks to them and thanks to Warner Bros. and thanks to you guys because you really do own the show with us," Wyman said.

07/15/2012 1:39 PM EDT

John Noble goes for the gross:

"I loved it when Peter chopped that guy’s fingers off. And I think there was an episode in Season 1 where Olivia shoots like 17 guys ... Those scenes they're talking about were some of the most beautiful we’ve ever done but I’m not gonna cry. I’m not gonna cry."

07/15/2012 1:37 PM EDT

Josh Jackson's favorite scenes:

"I'm gonna go with Seth Gabel -- the way he contrasted his two selves was really well done, so I'm gonna go with Lincoln and Alt-Lincoln."

Watch the "Fringe" panel in its entirety below:

TV Characters In Comic-Con-Worthy Costumes