If you came across Laila Gohar on the street, her perfectly distressed tank tops, sky-high colorful platforms and quirky socks would leave you yearning to see the inside of her closet. Luckily for us, the Egyptian and Turkish food writer who writes for Food Republic, invited Stylelist Blogger Network members Elisa Goodkind and Lily Mandelbaum of StyleLikeU into her bedroom right before she jetted off on a trip to Europe and North Africa (she travels once a month at minimum).
Between her stacks of African pants, jumble of vintage sunglasses and plethora of oversized hats, Gohar shows us that not only is she one (incredibly) stylish lady, but her jet set lifestyle (which began at childhood when she and her dad used to spin a globe to decide where they'd go) has made her somewhat of a packing expert.
Some of Laila's best tips include:
1. Bring a bright suitcase to avoid picking up someone else's bag at the airport.
2. Remember to travel with a pair of socks to keep your feet warm on over air-conditioned flights.
3. Choose an oversized sarong that can function as a pillow, blanket, scarf or a beach towel -- you'll be ready for any occasion.
4. Pack your clothes, shoes and jewlery in dust bags (or any bags for that matter) to keep your suitcase organized.
5. Don't forget a First Aid Kit -- you never know when you'll need it.
Watch the video above to see Laila's other packing tips and her collection of drool-worthy jewelry. (Music by the band Sister Rogers; Video edited by Andrea Cruz.)
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more