Jerry Seinfeld will return to his roots this fall with a New York City stand-up tour spanning all five boroughs. It will be the first time the comedian has presented a full stand-up performance in his hometown in 14 years.
According to a release, Seinfeld will perform once in each New York City borough on five Thursday nights in October and November. The Thursday scheduling harkens back to his "Seinfeld" time-slot on NBC, while spreading the shows throughout the city rings true to the comedian's experiences as a New Yorker.
"I was born in Brooklyn, went to school in Queens and started out as a comedian in Manhattan. I feel like New York City taught me how to be funny. I'm so excited to perform a special series of shows for my beloved home town," Seinfeld said in the release.
Although the comedian who recently launched his own web series has performed short sets around the city in recent years, his last full NYC stand-up performance was in 1998; his Broadway show "I'm Telling You For The Last Time" was a sold-out engagement. Fellow comedian Colin Quinn, who also appeared on Broadway in the Seinfeld-directed "Long Story Short," in 2010, will be the opening act for his five-borough tour.
Tickets for all shows go on sale Monday, July 30 at 10:00 a.m. EST and are available through the theaters. All performances begin at 8:00 p.m and the full list of shows can be found below:
- Thursday, October 4, 2012 at the Beacon Theatre located at 2124 Broadway in Manhattan
- Thursday, October 11, 2012 at the Lehman Concert Hall located at 250 Bedford Park Boulevard West in the Bronx
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 at the Colden Auditorium at Queens College located at 65-30 Kissena Blvd
- Thursday, November 1, 2012 at the St. George Theatre located at 35 Hyatt Street in Staten Island
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 at the Walt Whitman Theatre at Brooklyn College located at 2900 Campus Road
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more