In what appears to be a party trick gone awry, an Australian man suffered severe burns after he put fireworks between his buttocks and set them off.
The New Zealand Herald reports that paramedics near Darwin, Australia were called to the scene on Saturday night, but the unidentified man had already taken himself to the hospital to be treated for injuries to his posterior and genital area.
"What must of (sic) seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits," Senior Sergeant Garry Smith said. Police believe alcohol could have been a factor in the firecracker-fueled accident.
The 23-year-old man was later taken to a specialist burns unit at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Smith added that there's a lesson to be gleaned from the man's injuries.
"Apparently [the firecrackers] are not designed for that particular placement," Smith said, according to The Daily Mail.
The man could also face fines because fireworks are illegal in the area, except on July 1, which is Territory Day.
The story comes just a few weeks after a Michigan man blew off part of his genitals with fireworks.
Fark headline: "What must of seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits," Senior Sgt Smith said.
Also on HuffPost:
More:Man Shoots Fireworks Out Of Butt Man Shoots Fireworks Out Of Bottom Man Shoots Fireworks Fireworks In Buttocks Slideexpand
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more