07/31/2012 09:10 am ET | Updated Oct 18, 2012

How To Flood Cookies With Royal Icing

Learning how to decorate a cookie is much like properly frosting a cake. If you don't do it right, you're left with an embarassing homemade baked good that not even your mother would think is cute.

The process of frosting a cookie with royal icing is called flooding, which makes sense once you see how a professional does it. Luckily, flooding a cookie and decorating it is easy to do -- so long as you know the tricks. Watch the video above, and learn to frost a cookie with royal icing in a way that would make your mother proud.

Cookie Recipes