Mushroom & String Bean Salad
Provided by: EatingWell
total prep 103 calories/serving
This green bean salad recipe is a versatile warm-weather side dish that is great made a few hours ahead. Serve it room temperature or cold.
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, such as baby bella or button, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add beans and cook, uncovered, just until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain and pat dry.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms soften and start to release their liquid, 4 to 5 minutes. Add wine and vinegar; bring to a simmer and cook until the liquid is reduced slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the beans, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and dill. Refrigerate until cooled, stirring once or twice, about 15 minutes.
- To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.