Zesty Shrimp & Black Bean Salad
Provided by: EatingWell
total prep 273 calories/serving
Loaded with fresh tomatoes, peppers and cilantro and seasoned with cumin and chile, this shrimp and black bean salad recipe has all the flavors of a great fresh salsa and is a quick and easy no-cook recipe. Serve with tortilla chips or fresh corn tortillas.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile in adobo (see Tips), or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (see Tips), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 large poblano pepper or bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle, cumin and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp, beans, tomatoes, poblano (or bell pepper), scallions and cilantro; toss to coat. Serve room temperature or cold.
- To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.