A long time ago, a man (probably) was sitting on a couch (probably) and had a thought: "If my dog can fetch tennis balls, why not a beer?"
Lo and behold, the Internet was flooded with videos of dogs fetching beers for their masters. To think: an actually USEFUL pet trick!
After thoroughly researching the phenomenon, we have a new-found admiration for all the various beer-fetching techniques dogs have acquired. If you would like to teach your best friend to beer you, here are some helpful tips:
1. A rope on the fridge always helps
2. Remember to teach your dog to close the refrigerator door (otherwise you'll have to get up anyway)
3. You might want to wait a little bit longer before opening a dog-retrieved beer
4. Be prepared for the some spillage
5. Most importantly, don't forget to give the dog a treat afterwards (or better yet, some beer for dogs!)
Also on HuffPost:
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more