Lance Armstrong may be banned from racing, but it looks like his charity is speeding ahead.
Doug Ulman, Livestrong foundation CEO, told ESPN that unsolicited donations on Friday were up nearly 25 times compared to Thurdsay.
This news comes in the immediate wake of Armstrong's decision to stop fighting doping charges made against him by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.
According to Ulman, the organization received a very standard $3,200 in donations the day before Armstrong stopped fighting the charges against him, and following his announcement the donations came flooding in. As of Friday afternoon, the charity had received $78,000 in donations.
Armstrong's decision not to fight the charges means he's banned for life from cycling as has been stripped of all seven titles in the Tour de France, but that seems to have only encouraged people to donate to his charity, which supports cancer survivors.
By Friday afternoon, the Livestrong Foundation had received donations from 411 contributors, which is almost 10 times as many as Thursday, and merchandise sales were also up, according to USA Today.
Ulman told the newspaper that they tripled their merchandise numbers, clocking in at about $13,000 on Friday.
Armstrong started the foundation in 1997 after he had been diagnosed with testicular cancer and has raised more than $470 million in the last 15 yeas. There was even more good news for the organization, as all of its and Armstrong's sponsors chose to publicity stand by him, and issued statements of support.
"We've heard from our strongest supporters," Ulman told ESPN. "And while they are frustrated with the outcome, they are relieved to put this behind them and get back to business."
Armstrong himself also spoke up on Twitter thanking his supporters:
Thanks to all the amazing
@livestrong supporters worldwide. Donations today were UP25x over yesterdays. Thank you thank you thank you!
— Lance Armstrong (@lancearmstrong) August 24, 2012