Multimillionaire Mark Cuban has offered Donald Trump $1 million to shave his head.
According to Fox 4 News, Cuban, owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, got the idea to proposition "The Donald" following the business magnate's multimillion dollar offer to President Barack Obama last month.
On Oct. 24, Trump announced that he would give $5 million to a charity of the president's choice if -- and only if -- Obama revealed his college transcripts and passport records by the end of October. The real estate mogul's "very, very big" offer expired this week without comment from Obama or his campaign, the New York Daily News notes.
“Obviously [the president] wasn’t born in this country," declared Trump on Thursday. "Or, if he was, he said he wasn’t in order to receive financial aid and in order to have a clear and very easy path into a college or university. Only a very stupid person would believe otherwise.”
In response to the multimillion dollar hoopla, Cuban said this week that Trump's $5 million challenge was "one of the dumbest things ever." He then went on to offer Trump a challenge of his own.
"Donald, you shave your head, $1 million to any charity you want," Cuban said on Fox 4 News. He added that he'd be willing to go up to $2 million if that would sweeten the deal.
According to TMZ, Trump has yet to respond to Cuban's offer. But, as the celebrity news website warns, we probably shouldn't hold our breaths.
Cuban isn't the only person who has lampooned Trump in the wake of his $5 million offer.
According to an earlier Huffington Post report, legions of Twitter users attempted to "shame" Trump into giving the money to a charity himself. The term #ThanksDonald was trending on the social media site this week as users attempted to convince "The Donald" to share some his wealth with the victims of superstorm Sandy.
But as far as we can tell, that has yet to happen.
Update Nov. 5, 3.55 p.m.: On Monday afternoon, Donald Trump responded to Mark Cuban's challenge in a series of biting tweets:
Only 1 mill. dollars @mcuban? Offer me real money and I’d consider it. Your team and networks lose so much money I doubt you have much left!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 5, 2012
Other than asking for more money, "The Donald" also slammed Cuban's TV show "The Benefactor" and implied in a number of tweets that Cuban is suffering from money troubles:
.@mcuban Baseball commissioner and owners were smart when they didn’t want you to buy a team--- but I don’t think you have the money anyway.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 5, 2012
Cuban responded to the onslaught almost immediately with a series of tweets of his own:
Related on HuffPost: