You didn't expect Ludo Lefebvre to open up a brick and mortar restaurant without a final au revoir to LudoBites, did you?
The celebrated chef is dishing out his greatest LudoBites hits one last time for fans with the opening of LudoBites.TEN!
Here are the details:
What: LudoBites.TEN, Chef Lefebvre's final LudoBites pop-up
When: Dec. 4-21, weeknights only
Where: Gram & Papa's, 227 East 9th St. Los Angeles, CA 90015
Why: Because there's no better send-off than a "Best Of" celebration. Also, the restaurant will give $1 for each of two dishes to the Cart for Cause EAT GOOD | DO GOOD program.
How: Enter your name in the reservation lottery, which goes live Nov. 28, 11 a.m.
Here are the rules, via the LudoBites site.
- Come back here any time during the 24-hour period beginning 11am on Wednesday, 11/28 to enter the lottery. This is not a first-come, first-served system. Everyone has an equal opportunity at securing a reservation.
- Select the date or dates when you would like to join us and select an early seating (from 6:00-6:45) or late seating (from 7:45-9:00) seating. Select all days and "no preference" for times if you have an open calendar.
- Select your party size, between 2 and 8 people.
- Submit your reservation request and wait patiently while our computer randomly assigns tables based on your requests.
- Watch your phone on Friday, 11/30 for a text message announcing that you've been selected and assigned a reservation for LudoBites.TEN.
- Follow the instructions in the text message to visit a web page within 24 hours to confirm your reservation.
- You must confirm to secure your reservation.
Securing a spot at Lefebvre's pop-up is always a madhouse. Since this will be the final (for the forseeable future) LA iteration of the roving restaurant, we're expecting epic chaos and heartbreak on the day the lottery results are released on Nov. 30. The last time LudoBites used a lottery system, there were 10,000 requests for 526 reseration slots, LA Weekly notes.
If you secure a spot, please let us know. And if you don't win a seat, don't worry -- Lefebvre's restaurant collaboration with Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo is expected to open some time in December or early January.
The menu will be a collection of LudoBites' greatest hits, and Los Angeles magazine has compiled their very own wish-list of the best 10 dishes from pop-ups past. Check out the slideshow of past dinners below and let us know in the comments: which dishes do you want to see at LudoBites one last time?