SAN FRANCISCO
11/26/2012 12:33 pm ET | Updated Jan 26, 2013

Bernal Heights Hospitalization: 14 Residents Tested For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Fourteen Bernal Heights residents were sent to the hospital Sunday evening after possible exposure to carbon monoxide, the San Francisco Fire Department dispatcher reported.

According to the dispatcher, the incident occurred at 1223 Cortland Street and was reported around 7 p.m. Representatives from Pacific Gas & Electric have yet to identify a source of the poisonous gas.

Carbon monoxide was discovered in some of the patients' bloodstreams. A PG&E worker investigated the house on Sunday night following the incident.

ALSO ON HUFFPOST: