After a string of alcohol-related incidents, country legend Randy Travis is sober. TMZ reports that Travis' lawyer, Larry Friedman, confirms that the 53-year-old crooner has quit alcohol for good.
"[Randy] works out 3 hours every day and is in the best shape of his life," Friedman told the website. "He has a high protein diet and takes a lot of vitamins."
The website also reports that Travis is at work on a new album, an optimistic turn in what has proven to be a rough year for the singer. In August, Travis was arrested naked and charged with a DWI after he crashed his car into a construction site 60 miles north of Dallas. In February, Travis was arrested once again by Texas police for public intoxication. The singer has also weathered a difficult courtroom battle with ex-wife and former manager of 30 years, Elizabeth Travis, who sued him for breach of contract in April.
Also on HuffPost:
Robert Downey Jr.
After years of struggling with cocaine and heroin addiction and serving jail time, the actor is clean and sober.
Singer Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London home on July 23, 2011. The 27-year-old singer's life was cut short due to accidental alcohol poisoning. <em>CORRECTION: In an earlier version of this slideshow, the date Ms. Winehouse died was incorrect. She died on July 23, 2011.</em>
The 25-year-old actress has spent the last five years in and out of rehab and still stuggles to stay sober today.
In February 2011 Charlie Sheen claimed he was clean of drugs and alcohol, but high on himself. The actor has publicity struggled with addiction for years, but many doubt his claims of sobriety.
Drew was famously an addict as a child. By her own admission she said she had her first drink at 9, began smoking marijuana at 10 and began using cocaine at 12. By age 13 she entered rehab and has maintained her sobriety since.
The comedian overcame a cocaine addiction, but headed back to rehab after 20 years of sobriety in 2006 to address his issues with alcohol.
The Black Eyed Peas singer kicked a crystal meth and ecstasy habit.
An accidental overdose of prescription medication killed the actor on Jan. 22, 2008.