It's Walt Disney's birthday. The creator of Mickey Mouse, celebrated animator, and proponent of all things magical, would have turned 111 on Wednesday, Dec. 5 were he still alive. Born in 1901 in Chicago, Disney is still one of America's most iconic filmmakers; he died on Dec. 15, 1966.
What began with a lively mouse character named Mickey in 1928, grew to major motion pictures, theme parks, and television shows. While Disney passed away at age 65, due to lung cancer, his legacy lives on in the form of the highly successful Walt Disney Company.
In celebration of what would be Walt Disney's 111th birthday, we've collected 11 of his most inspiring quotes.
1. "If you can dream it, you can do it."
2. "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
3. "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
4. "You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world - but it requires people to make the dream a reality."
5. "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
6. "Laughter is America's most important export."
7. "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."
8. "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it."
9. "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable."
10. "The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."
11. "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."