TV

Best Drama: Golden Globe Nominees For 2013 Include 'Homeland,' 'Downton Abbey' And More

12/13/2012 08:48 am ET

The Best Drama Series nominees have been announced for the Golden Globe Awards 2013 and "Homeland," "Breaking Bad," "Boardwalk Empire," "Downton Abbey" and "The Newsroom" are in the running.

"Homeland" won the Golden Globe for Best Drama Series at the 2012 ceremony and actress Claire Danes was named the Best Actress in a Drama Series for her performance on the Showtime series as Carrie Mathison. The actress thanked her parents -- who she forgot to thank when she won the award in 1995 for her portrayal of Angela Chase in "My So-Called Life" -- and also thanked her husband, fellow actor Hugh Dancy, who, she said "keeps me sane and happy as I play someone not so sane and not so happy."

"Homeland" also swept the 2012 Emmys in the drama categories with the series, star Damian Lewis and Danes -- who famously thanked co-star Mandy Patinkin with a "holla" -- taking home awards.

Find out who will win Best Drama Series at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards on Sun., Jan. 13, 2013 at 5 p.m. PST/8 p.m. EST. NBC will broadcast the awards show, which is being held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills and will be hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

'Homeland'

01/13/2013 11:49 PM EST

Good Night From The HuffPost Golden Globes War Room

We'll see you at the Grammy Awards on Feb. 10!

@ m1keh0gan :

Trying to persuade @Kia_Mak and @chrisjrosen that IT AIN'T YOU, ABE is a great headline that we need to use right now.

01/13/2013 11:48 PM EST

Golden Globes Winners

It was a big night for "Girls," "Homeland," "Argo," Ben Affleck, "Les Miserables," Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Jodie Foster.

For a full list of winners from the 2013 Golden Globes, click here.

01/13/2013 11:37 PM EST

Did Jodie Foster Come Out?

More on Jodie Foster's big night at the Golden Globes:

After being introduced by Robert Downey Jr., Foster coyly said, "While I’m here being all confessional, I just have the sudden urge to say something I’ve never been able to air in public. A declaration that I’m a little nervous about. Not quite as nervous as my publicist, huh, Jennifer? But uh, you know, I’m just going to put it out there. Loud and proud. I’m going to need your support. I am -- single!"

More here, from HuffPost Gay Voices.

01/13/2013 11:31 PM EST

We Agree On This

@ m1keh0gan :

J-Law rocks. I think she wins Best Actress next month on the strength of being awesome tonight.

01/13/2013 11:25 PM EST

In An Alternate Reality ...

@ mattsinger :

SALMON FLAVORED JELL-O SHOTS! #salmonfishingintheyemengoldenglobesafterparty

01/13/2013 11:24 PM EST

Gaining Momentum

@ Breznican :

Most interesting theory heard at Globes: Argo gets Best Picture Oscar as rest of Academy overcompensates for directors' Affleck snub.

01/13/2013 11:24 PM EST

Staying Classy

@ AmyKinLA :

Affleck just WON'T say he's upset about the Oscar snub. Says he's a member of the Academy & so are the filmmakers he admires. #GoldenGlobes

01/13/2013 11:22 PM EST

She Beat Meryl

Remember when Jennifer Lawrence said "I beat Meryl" and everyone thought she was slamming Meryl Streep and not referencing "First Wives Club."

01/13/2013 11:20 PM EST

Flashback!

Some stars didn't make the best-dressed list. From HuffPost Style:

The 2013 Golden Globes took place on Sunday night in Los Angeles, and true to form, brought out the very best in fashion and style. As it happens, they also brought out the worst in red carpet dresses, from misplaced cutouts to heavy fabric to frocks that don't belong at a prestigious awards ceremony.

01/13/2013 11:19 PM EST

Flashback!

From the red carpet, some of the Golden Globes best-dressed celebrities. Via HuffPost Style.

The 2013 Golden Globes had us jumping for joy. Not because some of our favorite TV shows and movies won (yay, "Homeland"), but because actresses took style chances on the red carpet this year, making for an interesting awards show (and an amazing best-dressed list).

Related on HuffPost: