Sarah Palin announced last week that she will not be renewing her $1 million-a-year contract with Fox News, putting an end to her time as a frequent on-air contributor for the network and out of a job.
While some of you have expressed hope that this means Palin will be out of the public eye for good, we have a feeling that isn’t likely. In an interview Palin had with Breitbart News about her future plans, she told the outlet:
"I’m taking my own advice here as I free up opportunities to share more broadly the message of the beauty of freedom and the imperative of defending our republic and restoring this most exceptional nation."
With Palin's 49th birthday fast approaching, we imagine she's using this time for great reflection. What should the former vice presidential nominee do next? We have compiled a list of job ideas that cater to Sarah "Barracuda" Palin’s skill set. Check out the list below and tell us what you think in the comments section.
1. Create a line of eyeglasses. When Sarah Palin burst onto the national scene in 2008, the public was almost as fascinated with her trademark eyewear as they were with her politics. Palin should cash in on the fervor surrounding her look and create her own line of Sarah specs. (You're welcome for the name suggestion, Mrs. Palin.)
2. Give tours...that start in her homestate Alaska, and end in a small, neighboring community called Russia.
3. Team up with Tina Fey. Fey famously portrayed Palin in Saturday Night Live’s 2008 election skits. Perhaps now that Palin is out of a job and "30 Rock" is ending, the two can unite to form their own "Odd Couple" sitcom. A wisecrackin' liberal and a no-holds-barred Republican? Friends? NBC would be all over that.
4. Return to the beauty pageant circuit. In 1984 Palin won the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant, and came in third in the Miss Alaska pageant. Sarah could return to the beauty pageant circuit by teaming up with her good friend Donald Trump and getting involved with Miss USA.
5. Create products for hockey moms. Who knows hockey moms and what they need better than Sarah Palin? Palin should cash in on her "average hockey mom" image by creating a line of products that hockey moms need most. We’re thinking a line of lipstick…
6. Return to reality TV. Although Palin’s reality TV show “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” was a bust, her daughter Bristol had a decent run on "Dancing With The Stars." We would like to see Sarah follow in her daughter’s footsteps and show us her moves.
7. Become an advocate. As the mother of a child with Down syndrome, charities dedicated to children with special needs must be dear to Palin’s heart. We would like to see Palin put some of her fundraising skills and fame to good use and raise money and awareness for a good cause.