As a girl who loves layers (the more, the better), I always look forward to seeing what comes down the Nicholas K runway. Brother and sister design duo Nicholas and Christopher Kunz are known for their drapey fabrics, loose knits and oversized jackets that make layering simple, yet sophisticated. And for their fall 2013 collection, this ideal extended all the way to the models' fingertips.
Lisa Logan, celebrity manicurist and Beyoncé's go-to, collaborated with the designers on an edgy, earthy manicure. The dual-textured nail design was a major trend we spotted backstage at New York Fashion Week -- combining sleek nail polishes with gritty accents. While many of the nail pros put in a serious amount of hours pre-show to prep the look on sets of press-on nails, it can be easily recreated on your natural nails using an at-home gel kit. Scroll down for Logan's step-by-step instructions on how to master this mani.
- Apply Red Carpet Manicure Structure base coat, then cure in the LED light.
- Brush on one coat of Always Slate, Never Early (new greyish-green shade available later this year) and return to light.
- Add a second coat of Always Slate, Never Early. While the nail is still wet, dip the tips into green Glitter Dust. You can either clean up with a brush for a refined look, or leave the glitter as-is for more of a drag effect.
- Cure the layer of polish and glitter dust under the LED light.
- Top with a layer of Brilliance top coat and cure.
- Finish by swiping nails with Purify cleanser to remove any residue.
What do you think about this glitter-dipped nail art? Would you wear it? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
Get more backstage beauty access at Nicholas K's fall 2013 show in our slideshow below. And see all of our New York Fashion Week coverage here.
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)