CRIME
03/06/2013 01:32 pm ET Updated Mar 07, 2013

Jodi Arias Trial: Defendant Faces Jury Questioning (LIVE UPDATES)

Jurors in the Jodi Arias murder trial finally have their opportunity to question the accused killer.

Judge Sherry Stephens announced Tuesday that the jurors have submitted dozens of questions they want put to the accused killer on their behalf.

"It looks like we have probably a hundred questions," Stephens said in court after the questioning of Arias by her defense lawyers and the prosecutor finished.

Arizona is one of three states that allow jurors to pose questions to witnesses after prosecution and defense lawyers have finished their questioning. Arias' attorney, Kurt Nurmi, wrapped up his redirect examination of Arias Tuesday, giving the 12 jurors and six alternates -- seven women and 11 men –- their first opportunity to put questions to the defendant.

The defense and prosecution began reviewing the jurors' questions Wednesday morning. Each side has the opportunity to enter objections and argue their points.

The jurors' questions and Arias' answers could prove to be a defining moment in the trial that will ultimately have a large impact on her fate. Arias faces the death penalty if convicted.

Arias, 32, is accused of the June 4, 2008, slaying of Travis Alexander inside his Mesa, Ariz., apartment. The prosecution contends Arias stabbed Alexander 27 times, shot him twice in the face and slashed his throat in a jealous rage. Arias told jurors she killed Alexander in self-defense during an argument over a dropped camera that followed his escalating sexual demands.

The trial is scheduled to resume at about 3:30 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, when jurors' questions will be presented to Arias.

Read below for minute-by-minute updates from court Wednesday:

03/06/2013 6:28 PM EST

Recess

The judge has called the evening recess. The trial will resume Thursday at 12:30 p.m. ET.

03/06/2013 6:27 PM EST

Juror Question

You claim to have memory lapses during times of stress, how is it you have such specific memories of violence if this is the case?

"With the violence ... its more I feel those things," Arias said.

03/06/2013 6:25 PM EST

Juror Question

Is there anyone who saw you shaking during a fight with Travis?

"Dan saw me visibly upset after but I don't think anyone saw us fight during. At least to the level that I would shake," Arias said.

03/06/2013 6:24 PM EST

Juror Question

Did you ever seek help for your mental condition?

"I'm not sure what mental condition that refers to," Arias said.

03/06/2013 6:22 PM EST

Juror Question

Why grab a gun that might not be loaded?

"I've always been taught you don't point guns at people ... I can only imagine what I would have done in that situation and I would have stopped," Arias said.

03/06/2013 6:21 PM EST

Juror Question

Did Travis ever tell you he kept his gun loaded?

"He assured me it was not loaded," Arias said.

03/06/2013 6:19 PM EST

Juror Question

Did you ever see a doctor for your memory issues?

"I don't believe I have memory issues that are really persistent," Arias said.

03/06/2013 6:18 PM EST

Juror Question

Did you find it strange only your license plate was messed with?

"I don't know that only my license plate was messed with," Arias said.

03/06/2013 6:14 PM EST

Juror Question

When did you discover Travis' gun?

"Before Christmas 2007," Arias said

03/06/2013 6:09 PM EST

'I'm Getting Pissed'

The Huffington Post is live blogging Wednesday's testimony. Check back here for updates.

RELATED ON HUFFPOST:

PHOTO GALLERIES
Jodi Arias Timeline
Don’t miss out — be the first to know all the latest news.