Four months after his life got turned upside down, Jon Bon Jovi talked about his daughter Stephanie Bongiovi's heroin overdose.
In an interview with Katie Couric on "Katie" last Friday (March 15), the famed singer spoke about the night he learned of what happened to his daughter in her Hamilton College dorm room, calling it the "worst phone call ever."
He then explained that until that night, he was unaware of his daughter's drug use and the scare they faced served as a wake up call for him. "The problem is much more prevalent than I know," the 51-year-old rocker said. "I cannot get over how many people I've met that said 'my son' or 'my daughter' … There is a lot of pressure on kids these days."
Bon Jovi quickly added that Stephanie, 19, is doing a lot better since her hospitalization. "She's doing great and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers," he said and added, "I'm just blessed she's healthy and whole, and we'll get through it."
Back in November 2012, police was called to Bongiovi's dorm room at the upstate New York liberal arts college she attended after she was found unresponsive. Emergency services found her alive, and officers sent to the dorm found a small amount of heroin.
A few weeks later, Bon Jovi made his first public comment regarding the incident. "I'm shocked as much as the next parent with this situation and had no idea," he told the AP at the time. "But then you surround them with best help and love and move on, and that's where we're at with it. Steph is a great kid."
RELATED ON HUFFPOST:
Spilling the tea 24/7. Never miss a beat. Learn more