Chicago Shootings: 8 Shot Overnight Citywide, Including 3 In Possible West Pullman Drive-Bys

04/19/2013 02:04 pm ET | Updated Apr 19, 2013

Eight people were injured in shootings between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning around Chicago, with no break from gun violence even amid yesterday's flooding, road closures and storm-related damage.

The most recent shooting happened early Friday, around 12:20 a.m. in Irving Park where a 34-year-old man was shot in the chest as he was standing in the 3900 block of North Avondale Avenue, according to DNAinfo Chicago. He was later driven by his girlfriend to an area hospital, transferred and listed in stable condition.

Late Thursday night, three men in the West Pullman neighborhood were shot within blocks of each other in separate incidents that may have both been drive-by shootings.

A 37-year-old man was shot about 10:15 p.m. in the 12300 block of South Emerald Avenue in what may have been a drive-by, though police aren't certain, the Tribune reports. Hours earlier, around 5 p.m. in the 12000 block of South Lafayette Avenue, two 19-year-old men were shot in the legs. All three were taken to an area hospital in serious-to-critical condition.

Another South Side shooting happened around 7:14 p.m. in Woodlawn when a 16-year-old boy was shot in his left thigh while standing on a corner in the 1500 block of East 62nd Street, DNAinfo reports.

The remainder of Thursdays shootings happened on the city's West Side, spreading throughout Garfield Park, Humboldt Park and Austin.

The Tribune reported a 4 p.m. shooting stemming from a robbery in the 100 block of North Mason Avenue in Austin; police say the gunman shot the victim in the shoulder as he tried run after being robbed.

In Garfield Park, a 44-year-old man was "seriously wounded" according to the Tribune after being shot near the 3000 block of West Carroll Avenue around 3:10 p.m.

The first shooting of the less-than 24-hour period started at 1:10 p.m. near West North and North St. Louis avenues in Humboldt Park. The Sun-Times reports a 25-year-old man told police he "heard gunshots and then felt pain," and was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.

No one was in custody as of Friday in relation to any of the shootings.

Related on HuffPost:

Crime In Chicago
Suggest a correction