TV

Khloe Kardashian Leaving 'X Factor': Fox Confirms Only Mario Lopez Will Host Season 3

04/22/2013 01:34 pm 13:34:35 | Updated Apr 22, 2013

After months of rumors that Khloe Kardashian was fired from "The X Factor," Fox has confirmed that only Mario Lopez will return to host the Fox reality competition's third season.

Though the network didn't mention Kardashian in its press release on Monday, the word on the street is that she was let go. Rumors that Kardashian was fired first surfaced in February, when the New York Post reported that on-camera jitters did the inexperienced reality star in.

But at the time, Kim Kardashian denied the rumors, telling TMZ, "A lot of people say a lot of incorrect things on the daily." Sources told the site that Cowell "believes Khloe is definitely strong in certain areas ... and not strong in others."

The middle Kardashian sister, who has been featured on E!'s "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" since 2007, previously admitted that she struggled with live TV.

"Just learning how there's a screaming audience and you don't yell because the mic is right there," she explained to HuffPost Live last month. "I will have an earpiece in my ear, and while I'm trying to read the teleprompter then I have someone counting down ... and they're like, 'OK, ask Simon this or that' ... There were so just so many pieces I never knew were involved in live TV."

Then, in March, she tweeted:

But then followed it up with:

The E! reality star and "Saved By The Bell" alum co-hosted Season 2 of "The X Factor," but Entertainment Weekly notes that "X Factor" ratings were down during the sophomore season, and sources claim that producers are looking to cut the show's budget.

Britney Spears and L.A. Reid are also out for "The X Factor's" third season, while Demi Lovato will return to the judges panel with Simon Cowell.

“I’m looking forward to returning to 'The X Factor' team,” Lopez said in a statement. “We’re coming back stronger and better than ever and I'm excited to check out all the new talent.”

“I’m thrilled Mario is back for Season 3 of 'The X Factor,'” Simon Cowell added. “Hosting a live show and keeping the judges –- especially Demi -– in line, is not an easy job, but Mario is a pro and we are glad he’s coming back.”

Auditions for "The X Factor" Season 3 are currently underway.

Khloe & Lamar

Earlier on HuffPost:

Suggest a correction
113 Comments

CONVERSATIONS