On rainy, humid mornings, we usually twist our hair into a top knot or a low ponytail. However, these protective hairstyles don't stand a chance when you're running around in 20mph gusts of wind with a flimsy umbrella.
The 32-year-old actress' red carpet look is the perfect rainy day hair fix. This braided half-up, half-down hairstyle enhances naturally curly/wavy textures and keeps hair off the face. (No one wants a dripping mess.)
- While hair is damp, apply a thickening product like Bumble and Bumble Texture Creme for hold and a matte finish. Then spritz on salt-infused product similar to Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray to bring out waves. (You can blow dry the products through, but if you're at the office or on-the-go, you'd probably want to head to the ladies restroom and rough-dry using an electric hand dryer.)
- French braid the top of your hair until you reach the middle of the back of your head (level with your ears) and switch to a traditional braid.
- Tie the end of the braid with a hair tie and pull the braid back so that you can flatten it down with your hand.
- Next, take a small section of hair starting from your right temple and braid it toward the French braid so that it meets the middle part of your head and connects with the original braid. Secure with a hair tie and pin.
- Repeat this process on the left side of your head using two smaller braids to finish. You should come out with one big braid in the center of your head, one braid coming around the right side of your head to meet the large middle braid, and two smaller braids coming around the left side of your head to reach the other braids.
More braided hairstyles that are perfect for rainy days:
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)