Creamy Parsnip And Sunchoke Soup With Crispy Mushrooms
Provided by: Taste Editors
Although this soup tastes creamy and comforting, it is totally vegan. Recipe by Personal Chef, Emma Gonzalez.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into a large dice
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups peeled parsnips, cut into a large dice
- 2 cups sunchokes, skin-on, cut into a large dice
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped (garnish)
- FOR CRISPY MUSHROOMS:
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the mushrooms: Preheat oven to 400. Gently toss mushrooms in oil, until lightly coated. Spread onto baking sheet in single layer. Roast for approximately 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are crispy. Check occasionally to prevent over-crisping.
- For the soup: Sautée onions in olive oil until translucent. Stir in celery and garlic. Cook utnil vegetables soften.
- Add parsnips, sunchokes and stock. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- In batches, blend soup until it's as smooth as possible.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, top with chives and crispy mushrooms.