The suspect in the ghastly abduction of three Cleveland women wrote a suicide note in which he confessed his crimes, yet blamed the victims for being kidnapped, according to reports in CBS News and Cleveland TV station WOIO.
Cleveland police have yet to confirm the existence of this document. However, WOIO investigative reporter Scott Taylor says he has seen the handwritten note.
"I am a sexual predator," Ariel Castro allegedly wrote in a 2004 letter police found in his dingy home. "I need help."
Castro claimed that his parents abused him and that his uncle raped him as a child, according to CBS News.
Taylor tweeted additional excerpts from the accused rapist and kidnapper's admission that he held the women now in their 20s and 30s as captives for roughly 10 years.
Castro writes "They are here against their will because they made a mistake of getting in a car with a total stranger."
— Scott Taylor (@ScottTaylor19) May 9, 2013
Upon his death, Castro wrote, all of his money should be distributed to the victims.
On Wednesday, officials from the Cleveland police department said they'd removed more than 200 items from the white clapboard house where Castro bound the women in isolation and rarely permitted them outdoors. A 6-year-old girl, who's the daughter of one of the victims, was also rescued from the house of horrors on Monday.
Castro had also waived his Miranda rights and answered questions put to him by police, Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said at the evening press conference.
In his first court appearance on Thursday morning since his arrest earlier this week, Castro was arraigned on charges of rape and kidnapping. Bond was set at $2 million on each case, the Associated Press said.