1. Teachers, the power is all yours.
As time is increasingly doled out to teach to standards, it's good to know that something is the classroom is still dependent upon your whim and good grace.
2. It can encourage your class to do things it never thought it could (or would) do.
3. Hidden talents and skills reveal themselves!
4. Art programs are restored, and magically those pain-in-the-butt bulletin board projects just take care of themselves.
Who wants to spend their break stapling construction paper to a wall? Get someone else to do it, and enjoy some time to yourself.
5. Snark has a place in the classroom.
Bullsh*tting is one of those "soft skills" that's difficult to teach from the front of the room. A "+2" can only be a good thing.
6. Margins get the ink they've missed for so long.
7. Civic values return to public education.
Sandra Day O'Connor is totally right. Attempt to fix America with your extra credit questions. What could go wrong?
8. We're reminded that no one knows it all.
10. And those who think they do must be crushed.
There's one in every class.
12. Old classics are discovered by a new generation.
13. That's just as weird as you are.
14. But now has special talents
15. Or doesn't.
16. Because that's OK.