It's not often that we indulge in a little R&R at a day spa, but once we book a salon appointment, we have really high expectations. If the experience isn't absolutely amazing, why waste time or money when we could just do our own manicures, facials or bikini waxes at home? (Well, maybe not bikini waxes.)
- Dirty robes and slippers. Finding old tissue stuffed into the pockets or getting worn shoes make us want to gag.
- Old body wax. If we can see hair and debris floating at the top, then it obviously hasn't been changed since the previous session.
- Shaky massage tables. There is absolutely nothing relaxing about falling flat on your face in the middle of a deep tissue massage.
- Dried up nail polish. Keeping a rotation of new nail polishes is a no-brainer.
- Filthy floors. Stop right there and walk out.
- Stained towels. Not every mess is undetectable in thick, dark towels.
- Crumbling cushions. If we wanted to kick back in lounge chairs that looked like they were mangled by Cujo, we'd go to a trash dump.
- Lukewarm foot bath water. And don't get us started on the foul odor.
- Too many estheticians for a single treatment. Not only is this unsanitary, but it makes tipping quite complicated.
- Greasy waxing table paper. Would you lie down on someone else's body secretions? We think not.
What are your day spa deal breakers?
We hope these stars scoped out the scene first:
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)
We’re basically your best friend… with better taste. Learn more