1. Having to hear people refer to salads as "refreshing"
2. Never knowing if a liquid is water or… something else
3. Out come the hats
4. Forgetting what it feels like to not smell hot garbage
5. Cold soups
6. People operating under the assumption that you want to hear their opinion on how cold the AC is
7. The crippling, nonstop pressure to have a picnic. Have a picnic. HAVE A PICNIC!
8. Mosquitoes being inconsiderate, as usual. Why don't you grow up, mosquitoes?
9. Where is that coconut smell even coming from?
10. People acting like it's OK to put chunks of fruit in alcohol
11. lightning bugs acting like they're better than everyone else
12. Having to end your "summer fling" when he or she tries to take some of your ice cream
13. Getting poked in the eye by a drink umbrella and having to wear an eyepatch for the rest of the summer, even to the beach (especially to the beach)
14. Your socks feeling alone, depressed, and unwanted
15. The laughter of children
16. Sand in places you didn't even know were places