1. Having to hear people refer to salads as "refreshing"
2. Never knowing if a liquid is water or… something else
3. Out come the hats
4. Forgetting what it feels like to not smell hot garbage
5. Cold soups
6. People operating under the assumption that you want to hear their opinion on how cold the AC is
7. The crippling, nonstop pressure to have a picnic. Have a picnic. HAVE A PICNIC!
8. Mosquitoes being inconsiderate, as usual. Why don't you grow up, mosquitoes?
9. Where is that coconut smell even coming from?
10. People acting like it's OK to put chunks of fruit in alcohol
11. lightning bugs acting like they're better than everyone else
12. Having to end your "summer fling" when he or she tries to take some of your ice cream
13. Getting poked in the eye by a drink umbrella and having to wear an eyepatch for the rest of the summer, even to the beach (especially to the beach)
14. Your socks feeling alone, depressed, and unwanted
15. The laughter of children
16. Sand in places you didn't even know were places
Also on HuffPost:
Two in the pool
With all that fur, we're glad they are staying cold.
The happiest dog in the world.
"Please bring me a nice mai tai."
This dog is actually a human who has been turned into a dog.
This is the pool everyone had as a child.
More tongue wagging
We wish wagging our tongues to keep cool worked.
The trick to a good picture is to have the subjects at different levels.
Just a head
The trick is you just have to jump in all at once.
This dogs like the literal use of a cooler.
Ducks and dogs
Like Tony Soprano, he loves his ducks.
This looks so refreshing, we think we might try it. Oh wait, hose water is freezing!
"This works just fine."
Dog At Night
He senses that his owner wants to leave, but he was just getting comfortable.
Dog On A Leash
"What's that over there?"
Twins in a pool
They're calculating how they can both lay down.
He's a professional poser.
He's contemplating his existence (probably, right?)
A dog and his tennis ball
This dog has all he could ever need: a pool and a tennis ball.
Livin' the Life
Even though for most dogs every day is a vacation, this definitely takes the cake.
By a Tree
This dog is cool in every sense of the word.
Clear water dog
"Where'd the tennis ball go?"
Dog Looking Off Into The Distance
This dog always looks cool.
"How does my hair look?"
These dogs definitely know someone is taking a picture of them.
It's so hot!
He likes to take up the whole pool.
Dog on ladder
"I like to get my feet wet first."
Pug not having it
"Why does it have to be so hot? Why are you taking a picture of me in this state?"
Is there any move more refreshing than a dog drying off?
They all get their own section.