So, it's hot out. Like, really, really hot out, making it next to impossible to walk a block without breaking a sweat, and rendering it almost unthinkable to leave the house in anything but a tank top and shorts. But unfortunately, during the work week, that's not an option for most.
Whether you walk, bike or take the subway (or even drive), chances are, when you arrive at the office, you look like a hot mess. To help you stay composed, we suggest creating a little refreshing station at work so you are at your best at early morning meetings.
Here are the five things you need to keep by your desk during the summer. Let us know if we forgot any life savers.
- Makeup remover. We all know that it's next to impossible to keep mascara, eye shadow and blush in place during the summer months, so be prepared with a little makeup remover. It'll help get rid of anything that may have moved during the commute and it'll prevent you from getting raccoon eyes.
- Blotting paper. Oily, much? These guys will absorb excess oil on your face, without disturbing makeup or leaving a powdery residue. After you're finished blotting, no one will know you practically ran to work.
- Perfume. During the summer, it's smart to put your perfume on at work, rather than before you leave the house. That way, if you get a little sweaty on your way in, your body odor won't mix with your perfume. High body heat will also cause the alcohol in perfume to evaporate more quickly, which causes the scent to rapidly fade. So take some time to cool down once you arrive to the office and then spritz away.
- Dry shampoo. Hair gets dirty and greasy much more quickly in the staggering heat, so why not keep a little dry shampoo by your side to soak up any extra oil?
- Deodorant. This one is pretty obvious, but in the summer, one swipe in the morning will hardly suffice. Do everyone a favor and bring a little back up to the office.
More summer makeup essentials: