We all know what it's like to glance around our homes and feel like it needs a new look. But before you go and do anything too drastic to change it up, why not consider an inexpensive and super quick DIY... with a little spray paint? This handy "color in a can" is formulated for wood, metal, plastic and even fabric, and when you're done giving your stuff a fresh coat, you won't even recognize it.
Scroll through these nine spray paint ideas and let us know in the comments below what else you've sprayed.
1. Give mason jars a metallic look to create a simple and inexpensive centerpiece.
2. Spray vintage flatware in bright colors for a modern look.
Photo by Sania Pell
3. Make these zany animal magnets by coating little plastic toys in your favorite shade.
Photo by Ashley from Sugar And Cloth.
4. Stencil a wood grain pattern onto a plain mat to make an adorable mini rug.
Photo by Elsie and Emma from A Beautiful Mess.
5. Use contact paper to make a fun design on a candle holder.
Photo by Cassie from Hi Sugarplum!
6. Give a chandelier a brand new coat in any shade.
Flickr photo by Alheard
7. Paint the blades of a fan for a crafty surprise when you turn it on.
8. Use a bit of lace as a stencil to spray a pretty pattern onto your cell phone case.
Photo by Melissa from Look what Melissa Made.
9. Give outdoor furniture a new lease on life.
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock
Want a whole list of other fun crafts and DIYs to try? Click through the slideshow below.
Do you have a home story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)