MILWAUKEE -- The list of creditors for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee includes those you might expect to find in a bankruptcy case – a bank, pension funds and a retirees' health care plan.

It also includes a priest removed from the priesthood amid allegations of child sexual abuse.

The archdiocese filed for bankruptcy in 2011, saying it wouldn't have enough money if lawsuits filed by sexual abuse victims went against it. Hundreds of victims also filed claims.

The claim filed by Marvin Knighton stands out because he was acquitted by a jury. But the church still removed him from the priesthood, saying two of three allegations against him had merit.

Knighton is seeking back pay of $450,000.

He declined to comment when reached by telephone in Arizona.

Loading Slideshow...
  • Charles Linneman

    Charles Linneman pose for a portrait at his home in Sugar Grove, Ill., Thursday, June 20, 2013. Linneman, 45, says he was an altar boy when he met the priest who abused him in 1980. Linneman read the man's file several years ago when it became public during litigation in California. He says it helped him move on. The Archdiocese of Milwaukee plans to make dozens of priests' personnel files public in the next week, along with hundreds of pages of other documents related to clergy sex abuse. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)

  • Peter Isely

    Peter Isely, the Midwest director of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, talks to reporters outside the Milwaukee Federal Courthouse on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012, in Milwaukee. Isely, speaking after a judge decided to allow two claims to go forward against the Archdiocese of Milwaukee for alleged sexual abuse by clergy, called the ruling a “decisive victory” for the victims. (AP Photo/Dinesh Ramde)

  • Timothy Dolan

    FILE - In this Feb. 25, 2012, file photo, Cardinal Timothy Dolan speaks to the press after prayer services at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York. The Archdiocese of Milwaukee confirmed Wednesday, May 30, 2012, that it had a policy to pay suspected pedophile priests to leave the ministry. The policy was crafted by Dolan when he was Archbishop in Milwaukee. (AP Photo/Jason DeCrow, File)

  • Peter Isely

    Peter Isely, the Midwest director of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, talks to reporters outside the Milwaukee Federal Courthouse on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012, in Milwaukee. Isely, speaking after a judge decided to allow two claims to go forward against the Archdiocese of Milwaukee for alleged sexual abuse by clergy, called the ruling a "decisive victory" for the victims. (AP Photo/Dinesh Ramde)

  • Donald Hying

    Auxiliary Bishop at Archdiocese of Milwaukee Donald Hying joins a prayer during the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' biannual meeting Wednesday, June 13, 2012, in Atlanta. The national gathering is the bishops' first since dioceses filed a dozen lawsuits against an Obama administration mandate that most employers provide health insurance covering birth control. The rule generally exempts houses of worship, but faith-affiliated hospitals, charities and schools would have to comply. (AP Photo/David Goldman)

  • Timothy Dolan

    FILE - In this April 15, 2009, file photo Archbishop Timothy Dolan listens as the Apostolic letter is read by the Vatican's ambassador to the United States during his installation Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York. The Archdiocese of Milwaukee plans to make dozens of priests' personnel files public by July 1, 2013, as part of a deal reached in federal bankruptcy court between the archdiocese and victims suing it for fraud. The files will include depositions from top church officials, including Dolan, who previously led the Milwaukee archdiocese. (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson, File)

  • Rembert Weakland

    FILE - In this Aug, 28, 2002, file photo is retired Archbishop Rembert Weakland at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist in Milwaukee, Wis. The Archdiocese of Milwaukee plans to make dozens of priests' personnel files public by July 1, 2013, as part of a deal reached in federal bankruptcy court between the archdiocese and victims suing it for fraud. Archdiocese officials have long acknowledged that abusive priests were transferred to new churches with no warning to parishioners. Weakland publicly apologized for transferring one priest in 1992. (AP Photo/Dale Guldan, Pool, File)

  • FILE - In this Thursday, March 25, 2010 file photo, John Pilmaier from Milwaukee, left, and Peter Isely of SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests) hold pictures of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who became Pope Benedict XVI, left, and Father Lawrence Murphy during a news conference in front of the Vatican. SNAP members denounced Benedict's handling of the case that involved father Murphy, who died in 1998, accused of molesting some 200 deaf boys as he worked at the former St. John's School for the Deaf in St. Francis from 1950 to 1975. While many Americans are riveted by the Penn State sex abuse trial, it has been particularly wrenching - and sometimes heartening - for those who were themselves victims of abuse in their youth. Pilmaier says he reached a financial settlement with the Milwaukee Archdiocese, but was prevented by Wisconsin's statute of limitations from taking the priest to court. "It's heartening for me to see them testify and hold the person accountable - a lot of us weren't able to do that," Pilmaier said. (AP Photo/Pier Paolo Cito)

  • Charles Linneman

    Charles Linneman pose for a portrait at his home in Sugar Grove, Ill., Thursday, June 20, 2013. Linneman, 45, says he was an altar boy when he met the priest who abused him in 1980. Linneman read the man's file several years ago when it became public during litigation in California. He says it helped him move on. The Archdiocese of Milwaukee plans to make dozens of priests' personnel files public in the next week, along with hundreds of pages of other documents related to clergy sex abuse. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)