Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) isn't worried about an investigation that's partly focused on her 2012 presidential bid.
The 2012 hopeful told reporters at Minnesota's Capitol on Tuesday that "these processes go on for year and years and years" and said she's not worried about an extension of the investigation by the House Ethics Committee.
"I don't think anything is going to come from it," Bachmann said. "I think that ultimately everything is going to be great."
The AP reported earlier that a lawyer for Bachmann had previously acknowledged the probe by the Office of Congressional Ethics, noting that Bachmann was cooperating with the investigation.
Bachmann announced in May that she would not seek reelection in 2014. Bachmann said Tuesday her decision not to run was "absolutely not" a result of the investigation.
"Not at all. Absolutely not. Because I know that there is nothing to it and ultimately this will go away," Bachmann said.
Also on HuffPost:
More:Michele Bachmann Ethics Michele Bachmann Investigation Michele Bachmann Michele Bachmann Ethics Probe Michele Bachmann Probe
HuffPost Politics brings you the top political stories three days a week. Learn more