On July 31, 1906, workers lowered a giant block of white Vermont marble into position, placing the cornerstone on what would eventually become known as the Russell Senate Office Building. Panama hats were so in style back then.
Less than three years later, on March 5, 1909, construction was completed. It has been rumored that workers got more done in those years than the building's inhabitants have since.
Click here for more actual history on the Russell Senate Office Building, or take a look at the photo below.