This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- A giant dust cloud from the Sahara Desert crossed the Atlantic and settled over parts of Brazil and the Caribbean.
- Hurricane Gil formed in the Pacific Ocean, off the tip of Baja, California.
- Tropical Depression Flossie knocked out power for about 6,500 Hawaiians.
- A massive heat wave that struck China was hot enough to fry bacon on the street.
- Firefighter John Hammack was killed battling a wildfire in Oregon.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme Weather Photos 8/4/2013