Dakota Johnson was thrust into the spotlight this week when the 23-year-old actress was cast as Anastasia Steele in the film adaption of E L James' erotic best-seller "50 Shades Of Grey," after a months-long search.
In case you're not familiar with Johnson, we've created a handy cheat sheet.
1. As the daughter of Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, she's Hollywood royalty.
2. Her first film role was as Griffith's daughter in the 1999 film "Crazy in Alabama."
3. Her grandmother is Hitchcock muse Tippi Hedren.
5. She had a small part in "The Social Network" and shared this memorable scene with Justin Timberlake.
6. She starred as a young single mom on the short-lived Fox sitcom "Ben and Kate."
7. She served as Miss Golden Globe in 2006.
8. Of growing up in a famous family, she told "Access Hollywood" in 2012, "I got to experience a lot of things that a lot of people never get to do. There were times that were really difficult, but I think it just made me a stronger person."