Choosing colors for your home is daunting, we get it. But don't get stuck using the same tired palettes you've seen over and over. Do you love bold blues or bright, sunny yellows? Go for it! Just make sure to tone them down with some neutrals, too. Trust us, it's pretty hard to mess up. For a little inspiration, here are six fresh color ideas:
1. Rust and Grey-Blue: Because they are just about opposite on the color wheel, these colors look great against each other. And they're a lot easier on the eyes than a true orange and blue.
2. Bright pink and orange: This may sound like a combo that could only work for a kids' space, but if you are looking for an uplifting palette, try pairing these two daring shades with a neutral like khaki or grey.
3. Coral and Turquoise: This sounds like hues you'd only use together when decorating a beach home, but similarly to how rust and blue-grey work, these opposites are a more whimsical alternative.
4. Bold Red and Lemon Yellow: This combination may make you think of a certain fast food joint. But combined with neutrals, like the olive colored walls and chocolate sofa in the kitchen below, this is an energetic palette that is perfect for high-traffic areas.
6. Lime Green, Apple Red and Turquoise: This may sound like a headache waiting to happen, but check out how these colors work together in harmony with a deep grey backdrop.
Need a little more inspiration? Get some color cues from Solange Knowles: