Being short and male can be tricky. Guys 5'8" and under have an especially hard time finding clothes that not only look great, but also fit their bodies.
Although many short guys have the goal of looking taller when they get dressed, it's actually more about finding clothes that flatter their figure. There have been tons of articles written on how small guys can add height by wearing lifts or a hat, but there are actually quite a few tricks to looking longer and leaner that don't require faking it.
So to all the short guys out there, we've got eight simple rules for you to navigate the world of getting dressed.
1. Wear monochromatic outfits. Wearing one color head-to-toe creates a nice, long line and makes you appear taller.
2. Go to a tailor. Though you may think baggy clothes will hide your short stature, having clothes that fit your body will actually make you look longer.
3. Wear a skinny tie. The thin line will draw the eye up and down your body, making you look taller.
4. Choose a shorter jacket. It will make your legs look longer.
5. Opt for light fabrics. Heavier materials will weigh you down and make you appear bulkier.
6. Don't grow your hair long. Short hair leaves the neck and shoulder area exposed, which helps to add length to the entire body.
7. Ditch the cuffs on your pants. They break up the leg and make them look shorter.
8. Never wear horizontal stripes. They will make you look wider and smaller.
Take it from these stylish dudes:
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more