Grab a grande caffeinated drink and get started on your year-end shopping (or, finally put a dent in that growing wish list) with these short-lived deals we rounded up from around the web:
- Jonathan Adler's Friends & Family Event will save you 20 percent through October 14, both in stores and online.
- CB2 is offering 20 percent off lighting and candlelight now through October 15.
- C. Wonder sale items are an additional 50 percent off this fall.
- Enter code "FallRugs20" for 20 percent off all Dwell Studio rugs, now through October 21.
- The Laguna Design Center is offering 40 to 70 percent off retail on indoor furniture, outdoor furniture, accessories, lighting, artwork, rugs, bedding and much more from Friday, October 11 through Saturday October 12.
- Small appliances are 20 to 40 percent off; bedding and bath is 30 to 50 percent off; and furniture and mattresses are 40 to 50 percent off at JC Penney, through October 14.
- Viva Terra is offering up to 25 percent off dining and entertaining essentials through October 24.
- The Wall & Mirror Event at Horchow means you get 20 percent off plus free shipping through October 14.
- Save up to 60 percent on Pottery Barn's Columbus Day sale through October 14.
- Dining furniture is currently 15 percent off at West Elm.
- Warm up to fall with Wayfair's autumn-approved accents, which are up to 55 percent off through October 14.
- Serena & Lily's Friends & Family event is on through October 15, offering 20 percent off when you use the code "Heart20".
According to the home and lifestyle site, The Foundary, chevron is a fall trend to look out for. Adding a pillow cover, like these available now on the site, is an easy way to get ready for cozying up this season. Pillow case, $40. (Foundary photo)
Installing steel lighting fixtures is an easy way to transition into the cooler look and feel of the fall season, says the Foundary. (Foundary photo)
"A rug can become the focus of a room," said Olsen. The crafting product by Vecco is fantastic because you can stencil any design onto an accessory, like an area rug or outdoor mat to welcome the new season. Olsen recommends using pine cone or leaf designs and orange accents, but you can essential create any pattern you'd like. Plus, it's so easy to use -- we made our own rug as shown in the photo!
Olsen also said trays are a great way to create a centerpiece that's functional and fun. We think placing fall flowers like orange and red mums, or tea sets on a vintage tray like this from Bed, Bath and Beyond is a great idea. (Bed, Bath and Beyond photo)
HGTV designer and Target Style expert, Soto said leather accents and metal hardware also will be dominant in home decor this season. Target table, $69.99. (Target photo)
"Tribal prints are a popular trend this fall as well as imagery of nature and the equestrian lifestyle," said Soto. Target pillows, $29.99. (Target photo)
"This fall is all about pairing deep hues, which create a feeling of warmth and comfort for the colder months, with brighter colors," said Soto. Some colors that will be hot this fall? Deep Teal, eggplant, moss green, tangerine, chartreuse and gold. (ShutterStock photo)
Do you have a home story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)