Having great shoes only gets you so far: For the eight years that "Sex And The City" was on the air, Carrie Bradshaw went through weird, sad, and flat-out devastating breakups.
Below, find our ranking of Carrie's most significant breakups, from least to most traumatic.
13. Vaughn Wysel When Carrie met fellow fiction writer Vaugh Wysel, she immediately fell in love ... with his family. As for him, well, he had a bit of trouble in the bedroom. They didn't end on bad terms, but saying goodbye to his mother wasn't easy.
12. Ray King Who can blame Carrie for falling for a hot jazz musician with an awesome apartment? The two had great chemistry, except when it came to having actual conversations. When Carrie realized he had a pretty severe case of ADHD, she said her goodbyes to Ray and his saxophone.
11. Jeremy A reunion with her high school sweetheart made Carrie think she may have met her soulmate at the ripe old age of 17. But their relationship went south when Carrie found out Jeremy was spending his spare time in a mental instiution, and she wished him all the best.
10. Seth When Carrie's friends shipped her off to therapy for talking about Big too much, she met a fellow patient and they started a little love affair. But after sleeping together, he revealed that he was in therapy because he lost interest in women the second he bedded them. Ouch.
9. Ben After dating a slew of "freaks," Carrie was excited when she met the very normal-seeming Ben. But just as things began to heat up, Carrie decided to go through his stuff to make sure he wasn't a freak. He caught her and promptly kicked her out. Bad move, Bradshaw.
8. Big, the Paris breakup Just when Carrie thought her relationship with Big was going strong, he announced that he was moving to Paris out of the blue. With no promise of any kind of commitment, Carrie was devastated for months over her boyfriend's sudden departure.
7. Bill Kelley Dating a politician sounded like an exciting new adventure, until it got a little too exciting. After dating Bill Kelley for a short time, he revealed that he was obsessed with golden showers. Carrie was not into it, and the two bitterly parted ways.
6. Patrick Casey Carrie was thrilled when she started dating the very handsome Patrick Casey, who seemed to adore her. But when she found out that he was a recovering alcoholic who had transferred his addiction from alcohol to her, she wasn't quite as thrilled. After some stalker-like moments, Carrie bid him farewell.
5. Aidan, the "I can't marry you" breakup. Poor, sweet Aidan! After saying yes to his marriage proposal, Aidan confronted Carrie about why she wouldn't wear her ring. When she didn't have a good answer, they tearfully parted ways for the last time.
4. Big, the "tell me I'm the one" breakup. After dating Big for months, Carrie still sensed he wasn't fully committed. "Just tell me I'm the one," Carrie said at the end of Season 1. When Big won't say the magic words, Carrie collapsed into tears. "I can't do this," she said. "I love you, but I can't."
3. Aidan, the cheating breakup. When Carrie admitted to Aidan that she'd been cheating on him with Big shortly before Charlotte's wedding, her trusting boyfriend took a long walk. He met her outside the gates to the church where he said through his tears, "I just know myself. This isn't the kind of thing I can get over. I just need to be on my own for a while."
2. Aleksandr Petrovsky After whisking her off to Paris, the renowned artist Aleksandr Petrovsky proceeded to ignore Carrie as she spent lonely days missing New York. When he slapped her during a fight, Carrie said the famous words, "I'm looking for real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't live without each other love," and said goodbye to her famous, self-absorbed lover.
1. Berger Post-it breakup. Enough said.