ENTERTAINMENT
12/07/2013 12:43 pm ET | Updated Jan 25, 2014

'Fast & Furious 7' Production Will See The Light Of Day, Says Director James Wan

Hollywood is still mourning the untimely loss of Paul Walker, but, as always, the show must go on. The sentiment comes straight from the mouth of "Fast & Furious 7" director James Wan, who told TMZ on Friday that the next installment in the franchise will eventually be completed.

Production on "Fast 7" was delayed earlier this week. Universal Pictures officially postponed shooting on Wednesday with almost no details regarding its future. Some speculated that the studio would scrap the project altogether, but given how lucrative the "Fast & Furious" franchise has been, those rumors were quickly squashed.

Sources close to the production reportedly told CNN that editors are reviewing footage already shot with Walker to determine what sort of script rewrites would be feasible. The obvious options are all on the table, according to reports: Walker's character could be killed off, another actor may be hired in his stead or the team can use CGI to reconfigure new scenes involving the late actor.

With news that filming on "Fast 7" was already behind schedule prior to Walker's death, it seems unlikely that Universal will manage to uphold the slated July 11, 2014, release.

“Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul’s immediate family and our extended ‘Fast & Furious’ family of cast, crew and filmmakers,” the studio's statement said.

Wan echoed that sentiment when approached by TMZ, calling the tone among the cast and crew "sad" and "somber."

RELATED ON HUFFPOST:

In Memoriam: Celebrities We've Lost In 2014

CONVERSATIONS