Bad dad of the year nominee Andrew Sosa left his 4-month-old daughter in the car, covered in vomit and dehydrated, while he went to a Florida strip club, police say.
Sosa, 21, was arrested and charged with child neglect late Friday when a witness in Fort Myers saw the baby inside a locked car at Lookers strip club, according to the News-Press. The witness flagged down an officer, who was forced to smash a window to get the baby out when he couldn't find a caretaker nearby.
The baby was reportedly sweating and sick. She was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for dehydration, NBC-2 in Fort Myers reports.
Meanwhile, Sosa was allegedly at Lookers. Police say he left the victim in the car for more than three hours, but the baby's uncle refutes the claim. Corey Peterson says the baby was only in the car for half an hour and has "bounced back great. She's my youngest niece, so she is precious to me."
Peterson also called Sosa a "great father" who "watches his daughter day in and day out."
Sosa appeared in court Saturday, and his bond was set at $100,000, according to the New York Daily News.
As we reported in September, Floridians have a history of leaving their kids alone while partying in strip clubs.
- There's Kenneth Rowe, 26, who was reportedly wasted when he walked into a Daytona Beach liquor store and asked the clerk to watch his baby boy. Then he allegedly went next door to the Shark Lounge for a lap dance or two.
- Elliut Gonzalez, a 38-year-old from Orlando, is accused of leaving his sleeping 7-year-old daughter inside a car while he visited the Diamond Club, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- Former NFLer Monty Ray Grow allegedly left his 3-year-old daughter in the car, unattended, while he partied at Diamond Dolls in Clearwater. He was arrested on a child abuse charge. The child was uninjured.
- Brandi Roman (no known relation to Brittany Roman) allegedly left two children under the age of 6 in her truck, as well as a can of malt liquor, while she watched strippers in Tampa.
- Edward Condry Jr., of Fort Myers, is accused of leaving his toddler alone in the car while hanging out at a strip club in Tampa. At about 2 a.m., a manager at the club heard crying coming from Condry's car. It was Condry's 1-year-old.
- Strippers do it, too! Brittany Roman, 21, allegedly left her little boy to walk around their hotel lobby while she danced at the Diamond Club in Orlando, the Sun Sentinel reports.
- Edith Aguilar-Cardona and Israel Rangel-Ortiz, both 25, left their kid in the car for about an hour while they opened Pandora's Box -- the strip joint -- in Palmetto, WTSP reports.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:
Never miss a thing. Sign up for up-to-the-minute breaking news alerts delivered straight to your inbox. Learn more