For every girl who loves shopping, there is another who loathes it. Okay, maybe the ratio isn't 50/50, but there are a lot of women who cringe at the thought of hitting the shopping mall.
And let's face it, shopping isn't always all that it's cracked up to be. It's expensive, it's time-consuming, it's exhausting and often times, it's not successful.
But instead of loathing your next shopping excursion, you can plan for it and make it much more bearable. Herewith, nine ways to make the girl who hates shopping actually love shopping.
1. Be strategic. Don't plan on going into ten stores in one day -- you'll get tired and annoyed. Instead, pick two or three of your favorite spots and thoroughly conquer them.
2. Avoid department stores. Even for us gals who love to shop, a department store is overwhelming. The size of the store and lack of windows can make anyone go crazy.
3. Bring a friend. A second opinion will be much appreciated during those indecisive moments.
4. Look around online first. If you're hunting for a specific item, check online first, that way you won't waste time at stores that don't carry what you're looking for. Also, many sites have a feature that checks to see if a specific item online is actually stocked at the nearest brick and mortar store.
5. Call around. To avoid spending hours hunting in stores for an item in your size, call ahead to see if they have what you're looking for. And if they do, ask them to set it aside.
6. Try shopping during off hours. Mid-day on week days is generally the least crowded time to shop. Another good time to try is first thing in the morning on weekends.
7. Snacks are key. A hungry shopper is never a happy shopper.
8. Wear something comfortable. If you wear something comfortable, something that makes you feel good about yourself, you'll be more be more willing to try things on. Also, make sure you pick garments that are easy to take on and off (aka no tights).
9. Have fun with it. While shopping can be stressful and exhausting, it's also an opportunity to play dress up. Snapchat your friends funny pictures or Instagram that hideous sweater you saw.
Or, you could stay in your pajamas and shop online: