The Grio's style and culture editor, Alexis Garrett Stodghill, sums up her sartorial splendor nicely: "Whether its a saturated gown in a mouth-watering color, or a sleeveless jumper with slim pant legs, Nyong’o's looks have been consistently chic, refined and elegant as her simple, low Afro."
And after recently being spotted with Anna Wintour, we're on a major Vogue cover watch for the 30-year-old star.
With that said, we can't get enough of the lovely Lupita and we were thrilled to learn more about the the Golden Globe-nominated actress during a interview on "Arise 360" this week.
Check out all the fascinating facts we leaned about the star...
1. She hates to shop. Seriously! Although we can't believe it.
2. But, she "adores" working with her stylist Micaela Erlanger.
3. She thinks Anna Wintour is "sweet" and "gracious." Gasp!
4. Her beautiful, flawless skin wasn't always a reality. Growing up she had a skin disorder that was cleared by medicinal herbs from Madagascar. Amazing!
5. She's been bald (well, almost) and beautiful since she was 19 years old. She cut off all her hair after getting fed up with her weekly salon visits and using so many chemicals and dyes.
6. Although Kenyan and raised in Kenya, Lupita was actually born in Mexico and her name is the diminutive form of the name "Guadalupe."
7. Her first big acting break was playing Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" at a repertory theater in Kenya.
8. She attended Hampshire College for her undergraduate degree and then graduated from the Yale School of Drama.
Don't you just LOVE her? Watch a clip from Lupita's interview above and check out her most amazing looks to-date in the slideshow below.
How will Donald Trump’s first 100 days impact YOU? Subscribe, choose the community that you most identify with or want to learn more about and we’ll send you the news that matters most once a week throughout Trump’s first 100 days in office. Learn more