We're not quite sure when this happened, but somewhere between childhood and young adulthood, Bed, Bath & Beyond became our new Toys "R" Us.
Every time we go, we're amazed at how much we enjoy our shopping trip -- it's like a treasure trove of humidifiers, food processors and more household items we never knew we needed (or even wanted). But did you know they also have an awesome beauty section, chock full of our favorite face washes, high-end shampoos and cosmetics? Yah, they weren't kidding about that whole "beyond" thing.*
Art by Raydene Salinas
1. CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara, $6.99 This mascara will give you lightweight volume without the hefty designer label price tag. Plus, it's a favorite among beauty editors.
2. Bio-Oil, $18.99 This moisturizing body oil is perfect for slathering on immediately after taking a shower during the dry winter months. The vitamin E-rich formula also helps with scars.
3. Essie Nail Polish, $7.79 When it comes to affordable nail polish, nobody makes matte colors quite as striking as Essie does.
4. DCNL Brosse Dresser Tortoise Porcupine Red Cushion Brush, $24.99 Trust us, you won't be able to tell the difference between this one and its fancier cousin, the Mason Pearson brush.
5. Organix Moroccan Argon Oil Shampoo, $5.99 Add moisture and protect your hair from heat styling with this paraben-free, argon oil-rich shampoo.
6. Ahava Essential Day Moisturizer, $39.50 No need to go to the Dead Sea to get the skin-enriching minerals when you have Ahava's moisturizer to rejuvenate your dry winter skin. Plus, it's paraben-free and works well for sensitive skin.
7. Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, $11.99 Looking for a cheap cleanser that leaves your face soft and moisturized, rather than taut and pink? Look no further.
8. Frederic Fekkai Conditioner Full Volume, $21.99 Fekkai's conditioner is basically sent from the gods to make your hair weightless, shiny and more manageable. It's worth the large price tag.
9. Real Techniques Core Brush Collection, $17.89 No need to use your fingers to apply makeup all of the time -- sometimes it's nice to have a proper set of brushes on hand.
10. L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Refresh Eye Makeup Remover, $6.49 If you have proper eye makeup remover, you have absolutely no excuse to ever sleep in your makeup again.
11. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Skin Perfector, 6.99 When you need something between plain old moisturizer and foundation, BB cream is the perfect happy medium.
12. Physicians Formula Blush, $10.69 Craft the perfect shade to get rosy cheeks with this mineral palette.
13. Neutrogena Moisture Shine Color Stick, $7.79 Not quite a lipstick and not quite a lip balm, this will give you the freedom to apply some moisturizing color without the help of a mirror.
*Technically, the store's beauty products are a part of Harmon Face Values, so it's like a "store within a store."
Some more of our favorite cheap beauty items: