Courtesy of Divorce360.com
Sex can be incredible, but it can also be the giant, panting, red elephant sitting at the dinner table. Eliminating sex from the equation for a few months after a breakdown (whether it be of a marriage or otherwise) might be a good way to ease a bit of pressure and spend a little more time getting to know someone -- which is especially great if that someone is you.
Here are 10 sexy reasons to take a break:
1. You're worth far too much to sneak home in last night's clothes, wondering what that acrobatic person's last name was.
2. Imagine taking a little longer to get to know someone before you drop your knickers and avoiding that, "Gee, if I knew this last week, I would not have slept with you," feeling.
3. Contrary to popular belief, sex with someone new does not cure past heartaches. Better to give that heart time to heal before you let someone else in your bed.
4. Yes, sex is yummy but flirtations and sexual tension can be utterly delicious. Enjoy them a while!
5. You can wear your comfy cotton undies on dates and your date will be none the wiser.
6. There is something to be said about totally selfish self love. Take yourself on dates, wear sexy unmentionables (for your eyes only) and, at the end of the evening, if you're so inclined, get to know yourself a little better.
7. STDs just love casual sex.
8. You know that pile of clothes in your bedroom that you keep meaning to pick up and wash? Yeah, you don't have to do that just yet.
9. Finding new ways to get excited and be intimate with yourself or someone new can be incredible. Cooking, dancing, painting, talking, exercising -- the possibilities are endless. Get to know your body, your likes and dislikes, things that turn you on and off and heighten your senses in other ways for a while.
10. When it does happen, it will be because you really, really want it to. Now, that's sexy.
Read more from Divorce360:
Does Wife #5 Deserve my Advice?
Careful! Snooping Could Make Those Texts Inadmissible
I’m Dreaming of Sex w/my Ex…
Please, Stop Calling Visitation “My Time”
8 Secret Truths about Divorce (#3 May Surprise You)