Last week, Gallup released the results of a poll asking Americans how they feel about living in their home states. The results left us with one thought -- a pretty state is a happy state.
You see, the states with the largest percentage of residents who believe their state is the "best or one of the best places to live" also happen to be the states with some of the grandest, most beautiful natural scenery in America. They're the states we'd love to visit any day.
Check out photos of the happiest states below. Did yours make the list?
1. Montana Grinnell Lake, Glacier National Park
2. Alaska Halibut Cove
3. Utah Mesa Arch, Canyonlands National Park
4. Wyoming Schwabachers Landing, Grand Teton National Park
5. Texas Palo Duro Canyon
6. Hawaii Wailua Falls
7. New Hampshire North Sugarloaf, White Mountains National Forest
8. North Dakota Little Missouri River
9. Colorado Maroon Bells, Aspen
10. Vermont Waits River