Wombfire (noun, hashtag) 1. a child so amazingly cute that they figuratively set your womb ablaze. 2. when your reproductive system (i.e. womb) tingles with maternal excitement, potentially breaks out into Beyoncé choreography and/or prompts spontaneous family planning (i.e. running home to make a baby). 3. hashtag used to illustrate flurry of emotion described above (i.e. "This baby is giving me major #wombfire" or "#Wombfire alert!")
Wombfire: Riley Gillis
Mom: Tiffany Gillis (Designer shoe specialist at Nordstrom)
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pa.
What should people know about the joys and hardships of raising a child with special needs? Riley has been one tough cookie since the day she was born -- coming into this world at just 26 weeks. I was given the worst news any new parent could get. I was told that Riley wasn't going to make it after such a traumatic birth. God had his own plan for us. Five years later here we are sharing our journey. Riley battles cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus and epilepsy. She is currently wheelchair bound but determined to walk on her own. Raising a child with special needs is challenging mentally, physically and financially. I worry about her future constantly. Through it all Riley is the joy in my life and I have to pinch myself just to make sure it's real. We live her life like a celebration and never take anything for granted. My job is to make sure she always feels my love and support. She fought so hard to live and I'm going to fight hard to make sure she has the best life possible.
Fill-in-the-blank with Riley...
1. I'd have to say my cutest moment was the first time I said "I love you."
2. My favorite book is Bed Time Prayers Bible.
3. If I had to describe my style it would be: My mom calls me the baby Kate Moss. I'm a fashion chameleon.
4. When I grow up I want to be a singer.
5. My first word was: "Eat-eat."
6. If I could eat veggie noodles everyday, I would be the happiest girl in the world.
7. My favorite song to dance to is "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction.
8. My dream playdate would be with The Bubble Guppies.
More Riley cuteness....
Keep the CUTE coming! If you've got a #wombfire or know someone who does, let us know by adding the hashtag #wombfire to your Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook photos. We'll be in touch if we decide to feature your cutie as a #Wombfire Of The Week.