Nothing quite compares to the power of a photograph to communicate the goings on in the world. Ranging from the serious to the silly, these photos offer peeks into what happened around the globe this week.
1. Buddhist monks give donated dinners to migrant workers arriving from Thailand at the Cambodia-Thai international border gate in Poipet, Cambodia on June 17, 2014.
(AP Photo/Heng Sinith)
2. A woman holds a map depicting Novorossiya (New Russia) during a rally in support of the self-proclaimed 'Donetsk People's Republic' in eastern Ukraine, on June 18, 2014.
(DANIEL MIHAILESCU/AFP/Getty Images)
3. Public sector workers protest outside the ministry of finance in Athens during a 24-hour doctors' strike on June 18, 2014.
(LOUISA GOULIAMAKI/AFP/Getty Images)
4. U.S. President Barack Obama speaks on the situation in Iraq on June 19, 2014 at the White House in Washington, DC.
(MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images)
5. An environmental activist holds a placard reading 'Save environment, Vote bill 4972', as demonstrators burn smoke bombs in front of the Ukrainian parliament in Kiev on June 19, 2014.
(SERGEI SUPINSKY/AFP/Getty Images)
6. Protesters break the windows of a car dealer in Sao Paulo on June 19, 2014 after a march to mark the first demonstrations against the rise of public bus and subway fares a year ago in Brazil.
(Miguel Schincariol/AFP/Getty Images)
7. Uruguay soccer fans at the FIFA Fan Fest area on Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana beach celebrate their team scoring a goal during a match against England during the World Cup, June 19, 2014.
(AP Photo/Leo Correa)
8. Retired Marine Cpl. William 'Kyle' Carpenter receives the Medal of Honor from U.S. President Barack Obama during a ceremony at the White House on June 19, 2014 in Washington, DC.
(Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
9. An Iraqi shepherd looks after his sheep in al-Hamdaniyah in the Kurdish autonomous region in northern Iraq, near a temporary camp for Iraqis fleeing violence on June 18, 2014.
(KARIM SAHIB/AFP/Getty Images)
10. A baby poison dart frog sits on the end of a pencil at the London Aquarium in London on June 17, 2014.
(ANDREW COWIE/AFP/Getty Images)